Flying Oak Games, a two-person developer team based out of France, have announced that their upcoming rogue-like platformer, ScourgeBringer will be released later this year on Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox.
An early access version of ScourgeBringer is currently available through Steam or Xbox GamePass. The Dead Cells meets Celeste action-platformer has received favourable reviews thus far with the official release set to happen in the near future.
Set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious entity wreaked havoc on all humanity, ScourgeBringer puts you in the shoes of the deadliest warrior of her clan: Kyhra. As described by the developer, key features include:
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…)
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets
Flying Oak Games is a two-person team consisting team of Thomas Altenburger and Florian Hurtaut and are the duo behind early Switch indie darling, NeuroVoider.