Gorgeous pixel art and an intriguing JRPG turn based battle combat system, what more we could ask for?
Developer So Romantic and publisher Hypetrain Digital have revealed their cyberpunk JRPG indie game: Jack Move. The upcoming title features a tight 10 hour JRPG experience taking on the role of Noa, a vigilante hacker on the search for her missing father. Key features as described by the developer include:
- Turn-Based combat system. All the battles will take place in cyberspace, so you can take down your foes using a multitude of sweet hacking software. Customise the software of your Cyber Deck to switch roles mid battle, balancing offence, defence and buffs.
- Great variety of enemies. Street punks, gangsters, corporate militia, secret service agents, and horrific cyber-experiments-gone-wrong will all be battling against you.
- Deep story. Play as Noa Solares, a sassy hacker out to save her father and the world.
- Pixel art cyberpunk. Immerse yourself into this grim cyberpunk atmosphere depicted with pixel art inspired by retro RPGs and enhanced with modern techniques.
- Diversity of the world and its secrets so loved by JRPG fans. Despite a relatively short gameplay length compared to the traditional JRPGs, Jack Move offers a lot of details and content that will please the lovers of this genre.
A trailer of the game was revealed during The Escapist Indie Showcase but can also be viewed below.